Friday, November 10, 2006

NASCAR in Fort Worth





Okay, so now you know the real reason we were in Burleson for the weekend. It was the November race at Texas Motor Speedway, race #8 in the Chase for the Cup (if you know what that means great, and if not ask a friendly redneck). My mullet count was down to only 6 this year, from 17 last year. I felt the drop must be a sign that almost everyone has finally gotten the memo that its no longer an acceptable hair style. Or maybe they were just hiding them under their ballcaps.
We decided that Madalyn was old enough to sit through the all day event and it made it fun to experience it with her for the first time. She was really excited to hear our driver, Dale Earnhardt Junior (if you haven't seen the #8 on the back of my Suburban) on the scanner talking to his crew. That was until he started with colorful language and we had to take the headphones off her ears. Pics of her with Cody, Jeff and myself as well as the family pic in front of one of Junior's haulers. Ah, god I love racing.

1 comment:

John and Christy said...

I love that your daughter is getting such a diverse upbringing - from Miss Tx to rock climbing to rednecking - awesome. :) Looks like ya'll had a great time! We watched Cars last night - loved it, of course. I'm sure that's a nightly movie at ya'll's house. :)