Monday, December 15, 2008

School Projects Will be the Death of Me


I'm not sure if anyone remembers the damselfly from last year, but when teachers assign 'projects' that translates to homework for the parents. Madalyn had to complete a Rubric to make a mobile for a book that she had read. Aly and AJ: First Stop New York: Rock-n-Roll Mysteries was Madalyn's book of choice. Aly and AJ are a Disney band of sisters that we saw at the Hannah Montana concert in January - they sing the Potential Breakup Song and apparently solve mysteries in books in their spare time. I say that because I got away without actually reading the book, but the mobile was 25% of her Reading grade. It took almost 6 hours to complete when it was all said and done and it felt like finals all over again. We'll have to make sure that Aly and AJ don't see her Camp Rock shirt when she turns it in tomorrow. I hope that I, I mean she, makes a good grade!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Marlon and I were saying we wished it had just been a good old fashioned book report. It would have been easier than the "fun" project!