Sunday, September 13, 2009

Camp Champions















This was the second year for Camp Champions with the Girl Scouts. Since the girls bridged from Brownies to Juniors, we got to do more fun stuff this year. Camp Champions is a summer camp located on Lake LBJ in Marble Falls. It's an amazing picturesque place that looks like it came out of the movies (minus Jason in the hockey mask). We played tetherball in the rain, and then moved on to Ga Ga which is Irsaeli Dodgeball and very fun. Then we did the Zip Line which included climbing a rock wall about 35 feet in the air (it seemed MUCH higher) to perch on a very small square and then off a zip line at break-neck speeds. We also got to do high ropes which included a climbing a telephone pole to a cargo net which we shimmed across and then repeled down. Madalyn also did a 'catwalk' which was a telephone pole balance beam 30 feet in the air. The girls did an amazing job and the moms hung in there pretty darn well ourselves. We ended the day with some lake swimming with a cool slide a large blob that you jumped onto and then off into the lake. I don't have any pictures because I was part of the funniest story of the day. Abbie landed on the blob (a very large pillow-shpaed object floating the lake filled with air)and was able to stay on - a very difficult task - and she begged me to 'launch' her if she was able to hang on. Well, she was, so I asked the other girls if I could cut and help her fly- and fly she did. About an extra ten feet in the air into a flip with arms and legs flying everywhere. I came up out of the water and everyone was laughing - Sylvia was doubled over she was laughing so hard. I seriously hadn't seen that many people laughing that hard in I don't even remember when. Abbie said it was 'AWESOME' so I guess I've added a new skill to my repetiore.
Cant wait to go back next year!

No comments: