Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bristol's Christening - July 23, 2006







Today was a very big day for our family. Bristol was christened at Gethsemane Lutheran Church by Pastor Karl Gronberg. He has been such a big part of our lives for so many years and we were so glad that he was able to officiate the ceremony. The church holds a lot of history for us- my mom was confirmed there in 1967, my parents were married there in 1970, my brother and I were christened there, and Jeff and I were married at Gethsemane by Pastor Gronberg in 2002.
One of the best things about the service is that my Granny Smith (yes, I really do have a Granny Smith) was able to be there to share in the day with us. She is here from South Carolina and will be here in town for another week and a half. Bristol has really enjoyed spending time with Granny and loves listening to her talk - I think its the southern accent.
Pictures are of: The Raymond Crew with Pastor, the whole group, Bristol wasn't such a fan of the hat, so we skipped it during the service- a four generation picture with Granny, Daddy, me and the kids, Bristol with Godparents Cody Smith, Gay Lynn Milner, and Brandy Reed.

No comments: