Monday, September 15, 2008

Lehman High Homecoming


Lewey the Lobo and the girls


Seniors Win!

We had the opportunity last week to attend the Lehman High School (new cross-town rival of my alma mater Hays High) Homecoming pep rally. I pick up Lily with Madalyn after school each day and her mother, Katie, was dancing with the teachers for the pep rally. So after school, we grabbed Victoria and headed over to watch the festivities. First thing I want to say is that I MISS HIGH SCHOOL, if I could only do it all over again knowing what I know now. And second, I felt dang old because I didn't approve of anything they wore and some of their behavior made me cringe - ah, 30 hits me at last. :)
The best part was that the cheerleaders had been to the Elementary School earlier in the day for a mini-pep rally there and recognized the girls, so they pulled them out onto the court to judge the Spirit Stick contest in front of about 1,000 people. (Yes! I totally forgot about the spirit stick, no one dropped it, thank you Bring It On.) Lily, Victoria and Madalyn thought they were Rock Stars. It was amazingly loud in there, but rightfully so, and the seniors won. Go Lobo Class of 2009. (WHAT?!?!)

1 comment:

Katie said...

You need to add the video- I am curious to see how goofy I look!