Sunday, April 19, 2009

Donna Phillip's Benefit




The bulk of my high school years I ran with the 'kicker' crowd which included all of my brother's friends and since he had a later curfew I got to stay out later if I was with him. Enough said, right? Brandy and I spent a ton of time with Juli and her mom, Donna. Donna died of cancer a few weeks ago and Brandy and I were lucky enough to be there for one of her last 'good' days. Donna was amazing and fun and giving us grief like she always did. We got to show off the kids and had a great afternoon. Some of their close friends put together a benefit at Club 21 this weekend, a frequent hangout in the high school days to raise money for her medical bills. It was like a reunion and there were SO many people there for the BBQ, the auctions, and the dance. Madalyn had her first two-step dance with Jeff and we had a wonderful time. It was really amazing to get to experience how much people loved her-she will be greatly missed.

No comments: