Wednesday, August 06, 2008

30 Looks Like This





So after one surprise party on Friday night, a night out with the girls on Saturday to see Mamma Mia, and a second surprise party thrown by my audit group I rested on Monday. Then had a pool party at Jessie's on Tuesday night where I eased into my thirties with a bottle of wine. So my headache on Wednesday morning didn't ease my outlook on the 3-0 to say the least! I skipped out of work early and took myself to the movies to see Step Brothers (hilarious!) and then went to dinner with my parents and three closest friends - Brandy, Jessie, and Julie- and the respective children. We took these pics at Canoli Joe's which is an all-you-can-eat Italian place in South Austin. It was amazingly good, but you can see an eating theme for my birthday-good times!
I even got balloons from the Heathers (Merz and Bendes) which made me even less conspicuous. That's a pic I took of my work space at my client site when they were delivered. Someone actually stopped by and asked if I'd hung the Fruit of Loom grape man. :) Love it!
Regardless, I was sufficiently celebrated for my 30th birthday and I'm starting to get used to the idea of being more mature. We'll see how that goes for me. But the one thing that I can say is that I have the best friends, family members, and co-workers that I could ever hope for and I have so many blessings in my life - that alone is definitely something to celebrate. Thanks to all of you that celebrated with me, and for those who missed it - catch me at 40.

2 comments:

Natalie's Mama said...

30 looks great on you! Love you!

Casey B said...

sounds like u had a great 30th! it was good for me too...cause my little audrey shares your b-day!