Friday, August 29, 2008

Last Basketball Games


Trophies!

Mystics

Bucks

Madalyn and Taylor

Beck off to the races


It was a bit bittersweet as it usually is for me when basketball season is over. It's so nice to have my weekends and Friday nights back, but sad that I don't get to see the kids any more. We had a really great season too. Madalyn is doing such a great job and is so tough on defense! It makes my heart happy to see her get out there and hustle so hard and really want to win (don't know where that competitive streak comes from). This was my 5th season to coach and I had all returning players because they had requested to be on my and Mike's team. It's nice to know that the parents like us and want us to coach their daughters. Beck totally hit his stride this season scoring 5 baskets in almost all of his games. So different from a few seasons ago when he wouldn't even shoot the ball - the WHOLE season. Seriously.
I learned so much growing up playing this game I just hope that they'll keep playing and love it too.

No comments: