Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Yeah, so I turned 30




And partied for a week straight. Starting with a surprise party that Jeff actually pulled off without me knowing. You can tell from the pictures that I didn't know because I came straight from 2 hours of basketball practice with the kids. I'm wearing a Rebel basketball shirt, but the highlight was my blue gym shorts that said 'DEFENSE' on the butt. Quite the classy attire. The best thing was that the shorts were stolen from Kels, who was there to bust me for wearing his stolen shorts. D'oh!
There were about 50 people that came to the Manchaca Fire Hall for all-you-can-eat catfish and purple Barbie birthday cake. It was a great mix of friends and family and I got some great presents which the kids couldn't wait to help me open. They included things from Wicked, Gone With the Wind, Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's (see the lovely clown pics that Brandy also included), Longhorn stuff, Barbie, Hot Damn!, so what else could a girl need? Jeff totally out did himself not only with the surprise party, but also made a cool decoupage box with tickets to things we've gone to, tickets to the Batman Dark Knight at the IMAX, and a signed picture from Clint Black. Our song is 'Like the Rain' and Jeff went through all kinds of hoops and actually talked to Clint on the phone. So now we also have a date to his show in Dallas in September. :)
The party was great and it was so nice to see everyone, I just hope that if he ever throws me another surprise party that he can somehow figure out a way for me not to look like a total bum!

No comments: