Sunday, March 15, 2009

Talent on Parade






After starting out with the alarm not going off and waking up when we were supposed to be there, arriving 45 minutes late and not having tights for either dance - Madalyn's second competition, Talent on Parade, was at the Performing Arts Center in Kyle this weekend. Madalyn's on the 'Darlings' dance team which is the starter team for Dance Unlimited's competition teams. They absolutely rocked the TOP competition. The Darlings compete with three group dances - tap to Devil in a Blue Dress, which they won first in their division - jazz routine to Trouble, which they won third in their division- and last the group production of Hercules which won second place. Madalyn came home with a trophy, 3 blue ribbons, 3 medals and their team won $150 for winning their category. They talked a lot about how to spend the money which it looks like they will 'bling out' their robe cover ups.
The three older teams also did a great job and won tons of awards. Dianne was even brave enough to have her three 'pre-teams' compete and they all placed as well. It was a very successful run for Dance Unlimited and we couldn't be prouder of Madalyn and the rest of the Darlings.
I will just say that aside from the alarm not going off and being totally rushed all day long (I didn't know that I could eat a hamburger that fast) these competitions are a huge undertaking and I'm glad there are only 4 this year. When it was over I was shocked that it was still light outside. We ran in at 9:15 and didn't walk out until 6:15 - it's a total time hole, and I don't know if my nerves can take any more. Thanks to Mom and Brandy for helping keep me sane, and to Beau for helping me make fun of the lyrical dancers. I just don't get that type of dance... :)

No comments: